Few More Upgrade Suggestions

Aug 18, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Hi all

First of all, this control is an awesome piece of work. I am simply in love with it =) There are few more upgrades I can suggest which would complete the control for good in case of UI.

1. Adding a small button to the rightmost corner of the tabs bar. This button represents the help in MS Office 2007.

2. Fixing up text wrapping issues. 

Add a ribbon control to a form then add a tab followed by a panel. Add a button and change the text to something like "New Doctor Schedule" and run it. You will see the text is not wrapped properly. One case is due to that the restriction in changing the sizes of the controls and the restriction on changing the height of the Ribbon menubar.

3. The control's Quick Access Menu bar should be inline with the Title bar of the form or simply implement a simluated control box on the top-right corner of the control.

Add a Ribbon control to a form and open that form as a child of a MDI Form. Then maximize the form which will result in a bar between the form and the MDI Form to hold the Control box of the form.

Although I am not a very skilled or experienced programmer, I am working on these changes and looking forward to upload patches with at least one of these points fixed. Please, let me know if I am misguided in the above points or if it is impossible to achieve the task.

Thank you !

Developer
May 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Hi, a new version of Ribbon is released. Please visit the new site for latest fixes, releases, information and downloads.
New site: http://officeribbon.codeplex.com/