RibbonButton Unable to handle long text.

Mar 8, 2010 at 2:54 AM

Hi, I noticed that if I type a long text as caption in my RibbonButton, the button will not show the whole text, I have to switch to different option in MaxSizeMode property in order to see the whole text. Is there a way for me to resize the RIbbonButton?

Mar 8, 2010 at 3:45 AM

Just find out that it is not the button unable to resize, If my caption text contains only 2 words like "button oneeeeee" then It will resize according to the longest character; however when I have caption more than 2 words, the third word will outside of the RibbonButton bound. Any suggestion?

Mar 13, 2010 at 2:18 AM

This was the same problem I had when changing the font.  The control was fixed at 136 pixels high so I changed the control to allow it to be resized.  you can then make the control taller to fit 3 rows of text.  You can do this by changing the minimum and maximum size properties of the Ribbon control.  This allows it to be resized.  Here I allow the size to be from 125 to 200.

public override Size MaximumSize
      {
         get
         {
            return new System.Drawing.Size(0, 200);
         }
         set
         {
            //not supported
         }
      }

public override Size MinimumSize
      {
         get
         {
            return new System.Drawing.Size(0, 125);
         }
         set
         {
            //not supported
         }
      }

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:05 AM
Hi, is it possible for me to set the width of the buttons? Thank you.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 11:18 AM, kevincarbis <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

This was the same problem I had when changing the font.  The control was fixed at 136 pixels high so I changed the control to allow it to be resized.  you can then make the control taller to fit 3 rows of text.  You can do this by changing the minimum and maximum size properties of the Ribbon control.  This allows it to be resized.  Here I allow the size to be from 125 to 200.

public override Size MaximumSize
      {
         get
         {
            return new System.Drawing.Size(0, 200);
         }
         set
         {
            //not supported
         }
      }

public override Size MinimumSize
      {
         get
         {
            return new System.Drawing.Size(0, 125);
         }
         set
         {
            //not supported
         }
      }

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Ribbon@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Ribbon@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Best regards,
Kok Kiat, Kow
Mar 25, 2010 at 8:45 AM
Attached is a print screen showing that the ribbon button unable to show word with space in between. Please let me know if this is a bug. Anything that I can do to make it show my whole text? Thank you.
Developer
May 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Hi, a new version of Ribbon is released. Please visit the new site for latest fixes, releases, information and downloads.
New site: http://officeribbon.codeplex.com/